Sewing Vloggers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Got My Mojo Workin'...

The mojo is back! That's what will happen after reading thru mucho issues of Creative Needle and Sew Beautiful the past two days. I have settled on my heirloom project. One of the outstanding issues of CN had a ''bug" theme. There were garments with bees, ladybugs, dragonflies, etc. These were the cutest doggone dresses. I decided on bees, bzzzzzz, bzzzzz, bzzzzz.....I am not solid on the design yet but it will use the black and white check, some white linen, these ribbons and of course, some bees. The skinny ribbon has tiny white dots on it that you can't see here. I am not sure if this will be for Sophie or Carley, depends on what I find in my patterns. Tonight will be pattern searching time after dinner.
For my machine project and April pants I will be using this fabric. It is a tad more grey blue than what it reads here. The fabric is gorgeous. Slap me if I start screaming on this project, though. With the March pants I swore I would never touch lycra again. Uh, not! I couldn't resist this yummy wool/lycra blend. It has a beautiful drape, like crepe, but the weave is a twill. the recovery seems really good too. It reminds me a lot of a four ply silk. I will not be lining these pants but they will have Hong Kong seams. I am hoping that by using a quality fabric this time instead of the cheapo lycra blend I used last time that I will have better results. At this point the fabric is cut and marked. My first order of business is to get the pockets done and that will include piping. I want to pipe the pockets and wrap them with floss. So that is tomorrow's sewing plan. I do have a great knit to make a coordinating top but haven't decided what pattern yet, maybe an Anthro knockoff. I went to their site looking for inspiration as well.

Those Liberty ribbons were a hit and Claude will be glad to know how you all loved them. Claude and I have been close friends since we were fifteen and DH since first grade. DH was best friends with her first husband, now deceased and also her second husband, both great guys. There is just something special about lifelong friends that you have shared so much with over the years and wow, we could tell you the stories!....Bunny

7 comments:

  1. It does sound like you are on a roll of creativity. I am at a loss as to what to do next so maybe getting out my magazines will be the turning point.

    those pants are going to be lovely, can't wait to see how you do the pockets sounds interesting.
    nonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny...

    Your new projects look wonderful...I can't wait to hear about them. The more I look around your site, the more I learn. I see so many good ideas here.

    I'm busy making handbags for my Etsy store right now...and don't get me wrong, I love it...but I'm itching to make something for myself. I'm thinking a jersey wrap dress. Not very exciting, but my fabric is beautiful...and it's been a long time since I made a garment...so I'm easing back into it slowly.

    Thank you for being such an inspiration!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I can't wait to see what you'll be doing with the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your mojo is back! Mine has been suffering since my trip, mostly because of work and some high family drama.

    I'm determined to get it back, though. I have lots of plans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bee project looks very promising and can't wait to see those pockets. Good luck with the lycra fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love pattern searching? I am waiting to see the pockets with the floss. (?), also how you do the bees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I didn't have to wait long, thank you! That is SO cool. I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...