Sewing Vloggers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Project #2 - Barter Bag!

Yesterday I just wanted to fiddle with fabrics, textures, and colors. I needed to work on a bag for a barter and this is what I have come up with so far:

Some of the components are stitched, some just placed at this point. The bag will have a gusset and straps of the herringbone and will be lined. I know, its chickens, but this person has chickens and she will just love it. DD#2 has convinced me I need to put my label on the outside. We'll give that a try for this bag but I am not sure that is going to happen again. It didn't take long to put this together and it gave me great satisfaction. I need to get some more Steam a Seam and Decor Bond to finish it and DH is taking me into town today.

The pink and herringbone are both felted wools from Ima. I could make bags forever with what she gave me. These totes really seem like a "whip up" so that may be the gift of the season this year. It's great fun to pull out the different components and work them out. One thing just leads to another and I can't wait to do another bag. The size, BTW, is 12 x 9 on what you see here.

I have not started on Sophie's dress yet. Remember only two in the cue at a time! Actually I need to get collar and cuff fabric and I think it will be tricky. Nothing in the stash works. Happy sewing......Bunny

6 comments:

  1. Oh Bunny, this little bag is going to be lovely. I can't wait to see it finished!!

    And as for two in the cue...well....I am wayyyyyyy over that right now. I will be busy for weeks with just the current projects.....oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely combination. The chickens are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be too cute! I love to make bags. I have a Santa Bag coming up. I can't post it until Thanksgiving, when I give it to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a fondness for roosters, too. Is there a pattern for the bag, or do you just make these up as you go along?
    Cissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous...and so creative

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what fun, just to play with fabrics and trim until the combination is just right! This one is well on it's way.

    ReplyDelete

Engaging commentary:

Had to Refurbish This One!

    About  6 or 7 years ago , during the dawn of the Zipper Trend,  I bought one of my rare retail items. It was a blush pink and black bord...